So much going on this week, where do I start?
- Politics: AZ & MI primaries are this Tuesday. They will be a defining day for Romney and pivotol day for Santorum. Tuesday is also the anniversary of the date that Romney’s father, George, ended his campaign in 1968. Next primary day, which in this case is a caucus, will be March 3 in Washington. Miss the debates? Check this out.
- Sports: We are still waiting on the Daytona 500 to happen (its scheduled for 7 pm tonight). Its never been canceled in history. I will be posting photos later from my FANtastic experience at Daytona with Race Fans for Freedom. NBA All Star game was last night in Orlando. Highlights here. Yankees first Spring Training games are this coming weekend! Anxious to see the new Yankee talent in action. If you root for another team, you can find their schedules here. In other sporting news, I don’t know about you, but I am getting excited for March Madness.
- Politics & Sports collide: Daytona was a sporting event sprinkled with signs of an election year – literally. There was a Newt 2012 sign around the outside parking area and a UAW sign in the air above Daytona on Saturday with this message. Then in the pit Santorum had a car. And, Mitt Romney was actually there.
- Popculture is all about the Oscars. If you missed the Oscars, highlights are here. Best dressed according to Brad. Best dressed slide show. Best Billy Crystal joke of the night: ”Nothing takes the sting out of these tough economic times like watching a bunch of millionaires giving golden statues to each other.” Best skit of the night? Has to be the focus group of the Wizard of Oz!! In other pop news, Lindsay Lohan will be hosting SNL and Today Show’s Matt Lauer will be interviewing her.
- Random: Leap Day, who’s excited? It’s also Sadie Hawkins day. Anyone going to ask a man to marry them? Debbie downer – Feb 26 is the anniversary of the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 and the 28th is the anniversary of the Waco Seige beginning. Both of these dates, make me want to hide under my desk til the week is over.